Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OlMighty

macrumors member
May 18, 2012
It's a hacker thing. But the person who chose the name should have realized that the layman wouldn't understand.

Wow, condescension, I feel honoured.

I'm sure it's more likely to be nothing to do with starting with a lowercase letter to ape the product-naming strategy, and you haven't read too much into it so that's okay.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I agree with the other posters who said is not funny. Looks like a terrible made for TV drama. And I don't buy Long as Jobs for a second.

I've gotten to watch 2 commercials whose combined length is longer than the trailer. Why are they using adobe flash? Why doesn't the trailer play after I've watched two freakin' commercials? Whatever it is, I doubt it's funny enough for me to watch any more commercials in the hope it will eventually play. :mad:

No commercials on iOS. You can access it via the desktop by changing your user agent:
http://tuaw.com/2010/11/22/safari-tip-force-html5-video-to-open-instead-of-flash/

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
The comments are hysterical. As if this was a big budget theatrical release.

It's a funny or die movie. Perspective people.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
That doesn't say much, they all look like they're gonna suck.

I'm not sure you'd like any movie about Jobs. From your posts, your idolization would prevent you enjoying anything than seeing Jobs himself on screen talking about his life.

till

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2007
New York or Berlin
Except for the lengthy enumeration of descriptions for Jobs, where exactly are the funny parts supposed to be?

If the trailer is any indication, I'm expecting a few good jokes stretched with a lot of (self-conscious but still lame) melodrama.

CausticPuppy

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2012
If you guys dont' think that trailer is funny than you guys really need to start taking apple less seriously.

Yeah... the trailer comes across as over-the-top drama that takes itself too seriously. That's the point.

What this means is that.... if you (the reader) are unable to see where the parody is, the film is a parody of you.

I WAS the one

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
Orlando, FL
Without seeing the final product I am not sure how to react to this. Is it a spoof? Is it supposed to be funny, is it serious? The trailer doesn't come across funny at all, more like a cheesy drama.

Funny or Die is a Will Ferrell's project. His type of mentality, humor and style will be there. Be prepared of a real story ridiculed by the drama of the real story had become turning the reality of a company into a stupid decisions and realized that company at the end didn't needed to be so dramatic on a product development idea.

And it will funny. Smart funny. Will style

reevans

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2007
Canada
Funny?

How will Americans know it is funny if there are no laugh tracks to tell them when to laugh?

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
If you guys dont' think that trailer is funny than you guys really need to start taking apple less seriously.

I don't consider myself to take Apple that seriously, but I just genuinely didn't think it was a funny trailer. I'm looking forward to seeing the entire film though.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
To me it looks like this film might be funny but will hopefully leave you with a smile on your face celebrating the good and bad about Steve whilst leaving your with a fond memory of him.

thefourthpope

Contributor
Sep 8, 2007
DelMarVa
Nailed it. Gravitas oozing out of every pore. That's the Jobs mystique.
A hush falls as the lights dim. Steve Jobs takes the stage, set to unveil a newer, smaller (or maybe bigger) thing that plays music.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Without seeing the final product I am not sure how to react to this. Is it a spoof? Is it supposed to be funny, is it serious? The trailer doesn't come across funny at all, more like a cheesy drama.

I expect this is going to be the joke. Looks like it's going to be a kind of mockumentary. Whether that will work or not remains to be seen, but it has before.

iisdan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2010
This doesn't look like a comedy or professional, also it is not the first Steve Job's movie, Pirates of Silicon Vally.

damir00

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
I didn't find anything particularly "funny" about the trailer. Is this going to be a serious offering? If they're going for soap-opera over-the-top dramatic funny, it's not present in the trailer.

The poster who said "made for TV movie" about nailed it.

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.