Funny story

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dynamicd, Jan 23, 2003.

1. dynamicd macrumors 6502

Ok...so I'm in my Brain and Behavior lecture today and the professor is using a gateway laptop. About halfway through lecture the automatic update comes up and won't go away and starts to piss him off (everyone laughs). Then, after the update is done, it goes ahead and restarts the computer without even notifying him or asking if he wants to shut down (Get more pissed off). Finally, while the computer is booting, an error comes up about something wrong with the disk drive and won't let him go to windows. Result: class is let out early and you have one enraged professor. Quite a good example of how brain effects behavior when dealing with pc's. :D

2. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

3. janey macrumors 603

janey

ahhh...great story.
    once one of my classmates was showing a powerpoint (back in 2000 or something) presentation about computers using a dell inspiron with windows 98 and there was like a million messages and alerts that said "Virus detected ~", "Error: cannot access drive a", etc.
    It was funny.

Then it was my turn to present my project to the class...hehe i saw the same guy literally sitting on the edge of his seat just staring at my beautiful [and old] clamshell iBook.

Not as funny as yours...my tech support stuff's funnier.

4. Chomolungma macrumors regular

a very funny story.

I defended my thesis when the first TiBook came out. I used my professor TiBook for the presenation. Lots of stares and question such as who makes this thin laptop (the apple logo was bright in front of them duh!). Luckily, I wasn't upstage by it :D

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

Not bad.

At one time (an amigo of mine told me this) Bill Gates was giving a presentation in front of an audiance. He was going to show how something worked in Windows. So when he wanted to show the audiance something, the blue screen of death came up on the big screen.

6. vniow macrumors G4

Like one of Beej's switch ad parodies?

7. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

8. King Cobra macrumors 603

Ha! I gotta tell "amigo" :p

Great pic.

9. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25