Funny Zune in use Videos and Zune TV Commercial :)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by kresh, Sep 14, 2006.

1. kresh macrumors 6502a

kresh

2. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I really don't think it's all that bad...it's the only real competition to the iPod IMO

I don't think that it will "kill" the iPod because the iPod is a household name for MP3 players and I don't see that changing anytime soon...

3. bigjimbob macrumors member

yeah. whatever apple have up their sleaves will take care of the zune... I looks kinda nice but i wouldn't get one.

4. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

I don't like it at all when people say stuff like this. Someone comes up with a legitimate competitor, and everyone is all complacent and completely confident (wow, enough "c" words?) that Steve has something "up his sleeve". I, for one, am not convinced that Steve has any uber secrets still up his sleeve...

5. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

I have to agree, it doesn't look that bad at all, the UI has some nice effects although doesn't really look organized that well. I don't think it will kill the iPod, but I'm not so sure Steve has something up his sleeve.

6. MikeDTyke macrumors 6502a

I'm not so sure we've heard the end of the ipod story for this calender year.

Remember last year when they introduced the nano in Sept and the the 5G in Oct. Don't beat me, i took those months from Wikipedia as i couldn't be a*sed to remember.

I wondered why they'd introduce the cheaper (smaller return) model before the more expensive one. (Not common retail thinking). But then realised if you were the sort of customer who wanted more than a nano you would have waited and it made sense for Apple to ramp up prod of the nano earlier as it would make the bulk of sales of the xmas period.

Now this Sept, Apple refreshes all the ipods, making small incremental improvements but more importantly making them much more competitive in price. I see room at the top end $350-$500 for the next step up. Wouldn't surprise me if another special event rolled around in the next 2 months.

M. :D

7. amiga macrumors 6502

amiga

I think its going to be one of those things that ok to look at in a picture but when you get your hands on it an iPod it won't be. It already starts to look a bit 'poop' in the clips.

Also, did you notice the cut in the youtube sequance when they were transfering date between the two zunes (zuuu')...? a comment under the clip on youtube says how quick the transfer was... as there is an edit we have no way of knowing how long it actually took... could have been days or seconds... didn't notice many other edit points. Mostly single shot panning camera, right?

8. needthephone macrumors 6502a

Looks absoultely horrible. All that clicking of that control instead of the gorgeous smooth ipod control (the single reason why ipod is so successfull in my opinion). Thoise two people shown with the cluncky 'street fashion' arm bands YUK beyond belief. You can imagine them going put these on and we will look like 'the kids'

I'm no MS hater though but Apple should be laughing - if it wasn't for the terrible reaction to itunes 7.

Apple please sort this out as you are giving your competition an own goal.