Future Apple and Sony Collaboration!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by nylon, Jan 11, 2005.

1. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

After watching the keynote, despite all the great product announcements, I couldn't help but focus on one particular comment that Steve Jobs made on the stage.

It happened just after the President of Sony left the stage, and I quote:

"you know we do work very closely with Sony on digital still cameras and these new camcorders, which is really great. And who knows someday computers and music too."

I don't know about you guys, but that is a pretty big hint at things to come if I ever heard one. We already know how closely Apple works with IBM with its G4/G5 processors. We also know that Sony is working very closely with IBM as well with the new 'Cell Processor' which will be integrated in the PS3. I'll let your imagination do the rest.

Sony has a huge media division with movies and a very large music catalogue. The potential for collaboration is huge.

Sony laptops and desktops are already the closest thing one can get to Apple laptops in the PC world with their focus on all things media related. All I can say is that I see something big coming from these two companies next year and a very bright future for Apple.

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

What was up with Sony's president? That was a very uncomfortable "presentation", I'm not even sure why he was there. You'd think the president of one of the world's largest and most public companies would not get stage fright. And that was before Steve dropped the iPod shuffle bomb. The poor guy may have had a heart attack if he was watching that backstage. Goodbye Sony (in the consumer music hardware space), goodbye Creative.

3. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Tigers on screen controls looks and feels like a DVD, TV on screen controls.

Who knows maybe QTNG and some of the iApps will find its way onto SONY devices. :)

4. maya macrumors 68040

maya

I found nothing wrong with his presentation other than being a little nervous. I believe this was a last minute request by Steve Jobs as mentioned during the keynote.

It was kinda nice for SONY to accept the last minute invite. :)

Maybe also Steve's RDF. ;) :)

5. Sir_Giggles macrumors 6502a

Sir_Giggles

His presentation was fine. I have given presentations before in front of thousands of people so it can get nerve-wracking if you don't come prepared. He was just a little nervous, but it wasn't as bad as last years presentation by the Microsoft Mac BU. :cool: