Future Events, Future Announcements

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by mmcneil, Jan 12, 2002.

The Mac Pro Lineup for Seybold

1. 1.2 - 1.6 Ghz G4's

5 vote(s)
  2. 1.2 - 1.6 Ghz G5's

9 vote(s)
  3. Fantasy land 2.0 Ghz G5

0 vote(s)
  4. Still struggling to break the Ghz barrier

0 vote(s)
  1. mmcneil macrumors regular

Sep 4, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    I just read the future events post and it struck me that Seybold is the PERFECT event for Apple to announce either GHz+ G4 or G5. That is their "professional user" community, the folks that can't get enough power.

It seems clear from a variety of sources that we are going to see something in the range of 1.2Mhz to 1.6Mhz soon, the french site was particularly interesting from that point. Do you think Apple is going to have a professional line that is not as powerful as the high-end iMac for long?

My speculation, and it is pure, the french lineup in G5 between now and Seybold.

Meanwhile I am waiting for my 667 TiBook with 1G of RAM to arrive - I get chills thinking about it :)
  2. amichalo macrumors regular

Dec 19, 2001

With all of two votes tabulated, looks like 1.2 GHz G5's will be introduced. ;)

So, your assertion about the Pro line being updated to an audience of pros makes sense. I was at MW New York this summer and it is more of a consumer products type environment - there were plenty of techy toys don't get me wrong - but I think given the choice to intro G5's or the new iMac, it is a no brainer that MacWorld is the place for the consumer product and Seybold is better suited to the power users.