Future Hardware designs...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by rebelberg21, Aug 19, 2003.

1. rebelberg21 macrumors newbie

I wonder if the black color of the G5 box (as well as the black Alum-Powerbook boxes) are a sign of a change in Apple's Design and or marketing.

Well obviously Aluminum will be around for a while on the Pro line, but I wonder about the future designs of the iBook, iMac and eMac??

Could Apple be moving away from the white color scheme?

Some signs point to yes....some to no.....

Either way it's going to be exciting to see what's next.....(praying for notebook updates soon!!)

2. PixelFactory macrumors regular

I think they will keep the black/aluminum and white/ploycarb scheme. It makes a great distinction between pro and consumer lines. When I bought my 12" Powerbook the salesman brought out a 12" ibook first. Glad I knew about the packaging or I would have been pretty upset when I got home. It also goes along with the ibook / Powerbook naming. But who knows, maybe we'll see a PowerPod with an all aluminum shell in a black box.

3. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

That's classic...people are still unsure if the 12" was destined to be an iBook and even the sales people confuse the two...as for the color schemes, I love them. I love the whole Aluminum/black/brushed metal look Apple has going on with the PowerBooks/PowerMacs, the packaging, and the new look of Panther. It's damn sexy if you ask me. :cool:

4. rebelberg21 thread starter macrumors newbie

i agree...i love the black/aluminum color scheme...and the Panther look....

I'm just excited to see if the iBook-eMac-iMac line up will be redesigned or just have a color change....

Maybe bring back color choices for the home line?

And whatever happens next I can't wait to get an updated G4 12" Powerbook even if changes are minor.....

5. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I hope Apple doesn't switch entirely to Aluminum/Black. I think a big appeal of the iBook, iMac, and eMac, is that you won't see another laptop that looks like it. No other company (to my knowledge) makes a portable as simple and beautiful as the iBook. I bet, though, that within the year we'll start seeing PC manufacturers trying to design and sell metal cased portables.

What I wrote probably doesn't make sense here, but it does in my mind.

6. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I just think it was sick when the iMacs came out...PCs, APCs, power strips, George Forman grills, Microwaves, micro fridges, hubs, routers, zip drives, floppy drives, and anything you can think of was updated with see through colors...talk about design raping...

7. PixelFactory macrumors regular

The iBook in colors. It would look more like a piece of candy than a laptop. The Jolly Rancher top.

8. rebelberg21 thread starter macrumors newbie

don't get me wrong I love the current iBook design.....but as case designs go at Apple it's bound to change....

I just like speculating on what would be next...

What ever it is I'm sure it will be cool....

I haven't been dissapointed with any Apple designs since the Original iMac.....

9. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

10. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Now that is pretty cool...I wonder what color your iMac would turn if it saw you were looking at other computers and got jealous...."I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Dave....Dave...I am just as good as that G5, Dave....Don't click on that 'buy now' button, Dave....I'm afraid I'm going to have to freeze Finder on you Dave..." Perhaps green for jealousy?

11. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

:p
    LOL!
    :p

12. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

who knows what colour schemes they'll come up with?

hopefully they'll just stay ahead of the trend, or rather stay as the industry leaders in innovation and design. :D

13. Pandora macrumors newbie

the pro products have black boxes since a while...even my Dual G4 800 Quicksilver came in a black box.

14. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

My PowerBook G3 came in a blue and white box! :)