Future of Battlefield

Discussion in 'Community' started by idkew, Nov 6, 2002.

1. idkew macrumors 68020

Sep 26, 2001
    where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
  2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    There was no mention of cost for this little puppy, but my guess is its not cheap. Although it sounds good, until its proven in battle it won't really be a viable system - and its quite bulky. If they manage to get it to the point where a couple of soldiers could set it up and carry it around - that would work much better. Basically, as it stands now is that it would be a base defense system.

I'm curious to know how it tracked the shots. Were they motar shots, lobbed at high angles or some thing coming in at a low angle?

Cool though and you have to start somewhere.

3. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    i have always been fascinated with vehicles, airplanes, ships, etc and i used to always debate with my friend, 25 years ago, that there would one day be stuff like this

he hated the idea of "technology" then and liked the bravery of types like the stick and rudder men pappy boyington and chuck yeager

(btw...he is now a techie like me i have taken under my wing)

one thing we already have and have used are pilotless aircraft

i wonder what the guys at top gun will do when one day a pilotless plane can outduel them and pull Gs no human pilot can handle

not to metion aerodynamics and the speeds/stealthiness pilotless planes could one day fly at
  4. diorio macrumors 6502a

Aug 22, 2002