Future of iPod/PDA/Cell Phones/Cameras/Video

Discussion in 'Community' started by cschilderink, Feb 23, 2005.

1. cschilderink macrumors newbie

Nov 25, 2003
    I was talkin with some friends of mine at school today about the ipod. We were all giving crazy ideas of what it will become. We all agreed that one day music, movies, video confrencing, internet, email ect. will all be turned into one device.

The crazy idea that I wanted to share was what if in the future there is a chip that is planted into every new born human that does all those things. Every person would download all the info from the internet and everyone would be the smartest person in the world. The chip would get its power off the human body. It would be used like you move your hand you would choose to listen music (without headphones... simply plays into your brain). Video would seemlessly stream into your brain. You could instantly surf the web, listen to music, watch movies, place a call, and record your vision not even thinkin about it just doing it like you breath.

And sure there would be problems people would be hacking into other people and so forth kind of like Keanu Reeves movie "Johnny Menomic" and im sure there would be issues similar to that.

Yes there are tons of other ideas that come into play with this one, but I just was so interested in it that I couldn't help to post about it.
  2. howard macrumors 68020

Nov 18, 2002
    it is an interesting and highly controversial topic that i've thought about sometimes. I've often wondered if it were possible to interrupt the optical nerve and some how send the signal to be recorded and viewed...or perhaps a contact lens, though i don't think that your eye can refract at that close a distance..sorry if i'm using wrong terms, i'm no scientist.

I'm a musician and i've often wanted a 1/4 inch jack straight into my ear/brain to record what i'm hearing or plug it into something else.

only problem most people have is becoming more machine than human eventually... some people get really freaked out about that.

anyway, only time will tell!!!

also, as far as downloading everything onto your brain so to speak... well we do only use a small portion of our brain, but maybe there is a reason for that, it is kind of like a muscle, and overworked muscles get strained very easily. Who knows what would happen to our brains under such stress.

brings up another off topic question... i wonder what percent of our muscles an average person uses over the course of a day.