Future Of Music

Discussion in 'iPod' started by thouts, Sep 5, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

Jul 2, 2008
    So listen - I don't know how long this pandora.com music service has been around - but I love it and I think it is the future of music. Personally, I wish I could take this service with me wherever I was. I know that there is an iPhone app for it - don't have an iPhone though. I mean i'd love to have it in the car/house/boat/wherever.

I feel like the thing is inside my head (scary) it knows everything I want to hear. So what do you people think? Is this the future of music? To connect to a site like this from wherever you are...no subscription...but you can buy a song or an album from wherever you are and it stores it to a server or something...and later you can download your music to any device you want (i'm rambling)

Ideas anyone?
  2. macrumors 65816

May 9, 2008
    Pandora's future is still in question.

However, I agree that the future of media (not just music) will be in cloud computing. With high speed internet access being more widely available (and wireless), there will come a point when the focus will shift from the storage amount on a device to it's capability of sustaining high speed internet access.

It's the same structure as listening to the radio and hearing a song you like and then buying the single or album of that artist in a store. But faster so customers get the product they want faster and companies get money faster with more frequent opportunities for customers' impulse buying.