Future of Us and Iraq?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Metatron, May 13, 2004.

1. Metatron macrumors 6502

Metatron

I was just watching CNN and I saw Berg's father saying, and I quote, "my son died for the sins of Bush and Rumsfield." I really feel bad for him, and I respect this man going to Iraq to rebuild it. But the sins of Bush and Rumsfield? Please. Even I am starting to question the use of this war. Still, Iraq needed our help, WMD's or not. Anyone that says differently is basiclly saying they care nothing for human life and what Saddam did. And considering the low death count for this war, I say it has been worth it.

I love our country and it's millitary and what our men in uniform do. But wow, I do not know about you guys, but Nick Berg's dad just pissed me off. His son chose to go to Iraq, he was not forced. His son died like a man, no fear, and their to help the people of Iraq. As for his father....he is just a complete idiot. He's ruining his sons image.

Anywho, God bless Nick Berg and our troops.

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Wrong forum. Come talk politics with us in the political forum. We try to keep the partisan stuff there.

3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Hope that this thread is moved to Politics. With that I will reply in hopes that it is moved.

It is very sad what happened to Nick Berg. No person should ever be killed in the name of Allah or God.

But he went to Iraq on his own. He did so with no job in hand. He was asked to leave. He was advised not to travel by himself.

For what ever reason, Nick Berg chose not to try to seek a job with any number of contractors doing business in Iraq. If he had there would have a been a greater chance of his safety.

4. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

we only know the death count for the american side, untold Iraqis have died and the US has fought hard to keep the estimates artificially low and out of the media

I haven't seen the video and I don't want to, but from what I've read and heard he died in agonizing terror, screaming in pain and fear. It was not a clean job.

The dad is blaming the US because his son was held for a few weeks in a US/Iraqi jail with Iraqi prisoners after being arrested at a road block leading to his son being in Iraq in a bad area after the "insurgents" started getting rough.

and the Iraqi people. And God please help this all come to a peaceful and resolute end in which both sides respect the life and decency of all mankind.

5. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

I blame Bush as well. He is personally responsible for over 11,000 deaths in Iraq since he sent troops. Iraqi & American deaths and the deaths of those from other countries, too. This can't be said enough. So I'm saying it again.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

(Hits the radar screen repeatedly) Damn, those Afghanis have fallen off the map again... ;)

7. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

:eek: at least there was a legitimate reason for going to Afghanistan...

8. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Amen, where is the WMD in Iraq, where is the African nuclear material (oops, we already found out that is a lie), and it appears that our actions in iraq have brought in Al Qeuda...