FXhome's EffectsLab

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by chilipie, Feb 4, 2007.

1. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

Has anyone had any experience with EffectsLab? It looks pretty fun and it seems to do some impressive stuff, but I've no idea about how easy it is to use.

I've had a try with the demo, and it seems quite complicated, but I managed to teach myself how to use FCP in a couple of weeks and I'm up for a challenge :)

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

i've just spend the past 3 hours playing around with the demo of this and it is excellent!

the best £143.98 i've spent today :)

3. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

The effects are pretty cool, but a lot of them can already be done in Final Cut. Although the huge library of (free) plug-ins would probably make it worth the expense.
    I tried the demo a while ago, and I was somewhat disappointed with the UI, and frankly I found it hard to use. It seems to me it is harder to learn than Final Cut, but easier than Shake (which is now really interesting after it's price drop)

4. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

They would easily have my $200 if only it were a Universal Binary... :eek: :(

The demo is awesome on my MBP, but sloth-like.

5. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

yep that's the only downer with it - maybe time to buy a Quad G5 on the refurb store just to do this justice, or just wait until they get it UB (which has to happen soon)

what's your spec's on your MBP ?

6. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

this software is cool - i'm still trying to get to grips with it but very easy learning curve i'd say.

have a looksy at my first crappy clip :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVNUWhprTB8

why does everyone always do the lightsaber effects :rolleyes:

7. johnkrone macrumors newbie

Im adding a note here though this is an old thread, however still searchable...

I use EffectsLab Pro a lot. I love it and love the free plugins. Just a note here: EffectsLab Pro will NOT run with Lion. Please verify before this installing Lion, and if you find a solution... let us know :)