Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigdog9586

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2015
i now have 2 Apple watches. Both the same style one original and my new series 2. When using the watch software it has given them the same name confusing me which is which. Finally figured out if you click on the watch name at top of home screen in software it opens showing both watches. This I knew but I couldn't tell the difference on the software. Go back to home screen/general/about and the very top is the name of the current paired watch. Here you can rename it. Hope this helps someone else.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
i now have 2 Apple watches. Both the same style one original and my new series 2. When using the watch software it has given them the same name confusing me which is which. Finally figured out if you click on the watch name at top of home screen in software it opens showing both watches. This I knew but I couldn't tell the difference on the software. Go back to home screen/general/about and the very top is the name of the current paired watch. Here you can rename it. Hope this helps someone else.

Very helpful actually, thanks.

Tony_YYZ

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2015
Awesome! Thanks, now I won't actually unpair the wrong once when I decide which one I'm going to keep.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.