FYI: Cheap DVD+RWs at CompUSA this week

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yg17, Oct 7, 2005.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Today I was at CompUSA and despite seeing the worst customer service in the history of mankind, I walked out with a good deal. This week (sale over tomorrow), they have some no-name brand DVD+RWs on sale cheap. It's 2 ten pack spindles for 5 dollars, so you get 20 DVD+RWs for 5 bucks which last time I priced DVD media, is cheap. The brand is ValueDisc. I know Macs can be picky about media, but my Powerbook burned to them just fine at 4x.

So just an FYI for you all. If you need some DVD+RWs and are near a CompUSA, check it out

2. Kalinatek macrumors regular

i tried some no brand blank dvd's be4 but they always skipped when i played them anywhere ..... :rolleyes:

3. Bear macrumors G3

I had issues with both Memorx DVDs and CompUSA no-name DVDs. That is that while buring, the layers started seperating. Fortunately I had tried them in a tray loading drive. I don't want to imagine how messy it would've been for a slot loading drive.

As far as I am concerned, the best DVD brands are: Fuji, TDK, Maxell, and Sony.

As for good prices, every week, Staples, Office Depot and CompUseless seem to have some brand of DVD on a decent sale. Just check the flyers on line and then when a food beand is on sale, buy some. Remember to check the end date of the sales, sometimes they're a short sale and sometimes you wind up looking on the last day the flyer is valid for.