G-Raid2 not mounting

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mr B, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Mr B macrumors member

Mr B

Hello,
    I have had my G-Raid2 for about a month, and it is suddenly not mounting. I have tried different firewire cords, different firewire ports...nothing. Interestingly, if I plug my ipod into the back of it, the ipod does mount, so it appears the connection isn't the problem. I sent an e-mail to G-Tech, but in the meantime, anyone else had any problems?

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

When you say its not mounting -- do you also mean that if you open Disk Utility, it does not list the drive as a volume? If Disk utility can see the mechanism, but your volume(s) are not mounting, then it may be a corrupted volume. A drive repair utility like DiskWarrior may wor, failing that, Re-formatting may work

If Disk Utillity can't see it at all, I would add to the suspect list a powersupply failure in the case.

Its unlikely that this is a systemic problem with G-RAID units, more likely an individual problem of yours -- there isnt enough detail to draw many conclusions.

3. Mr B thread starter macrumors member

Mr B

Yes, Disk Utility does not see the drive. Yeah, I'm not sure what the problem is.