G3 ibook, bluetooth, and T616 question

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by destroyboredom, Jun 30, 2004.

1. destroyboredom macrumors 6502

So after having both my phone and my bluetooth adapter for more than a few months I finally realized I can link it to my address book to do cool things like send SMS msgs, and make/receive calls.

Logic tells me that since I have speakers and a mic in my laptop I should be able to take and make calls with my laptop and not have to use the phone. I briefly tested this with a friends phone and didn't have any luck. (him calling me and vice versa)

It should be possible, what's required? Is there a "hands-free" setting I need to turn on in my phone to get it to work?

2. destroyboredom thread starter macrumors 6502

3. aptmunich macrumors member

"So after having both my phone and my bluetooth adapter for more than a few months I finally realized I can link it to my address book to do cool things like send SMS msgs, and make/receive calls.

Logic tells me that since I have speakers and a mic in my laptop I should be able to take and make calls with my laptop and not have to use the phone. I briefly tested this with a friends phone and didn't have any luck. (him calling me and vice versa)
    "

How do you do this exactly? I noticed the b/t icon in address book, but haven't been able to "do" anything with it?

I have a T610 which is the euro version of the t616 i think...

4. craigdawg macrumors 6502

It should be possible but...I don't think the software exists that would encode and compress your voice and transmit it to the phone, i.e., a "softphone". Ideally it would integrate with Address Book, have a GUI dialpad, but use voice commands.

I know there are a lot of programmers out there... :D