G3 IMAC SE DV 600 MHZ CRT help

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by BigRed3373, Feb 4, 2007.

1. BigRed3373 macrumors member

Hello

just 20 minutes ago my montior on the g3 was running fine and I left it go i come back to it and wake it no Screen nothing blew or popped is there is reset button also then agian something else happend my mouse and stuff isnt lit up either hard drive? all was working fine until know:confused: :mad: :confused: any ideas??

2. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

Is there any activity if you press the power button?

You'll be able to see if it's just the CRT by plugging another monitor in via the VGA in at the rear (hidden behind a panel).

Is it making any noise, or is it a silent machine usually?

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Hopefully its as simple as a dead PRAM battery - 1/2AA 3.6V Lithium about $10 at RadioShack. A dead battery can make the machine unreponsive to the power button.

If it is the CRT or the analog board, its time for a new machine.

The repair is going to cost more than the machine is worth

4. BigRed3373 thread starter macrumors member

I got noise sound and my mouse worked no screen though when i shut it off it crackles like i the tube was going off normally does that make sense? its not acknowledge my keyboard responses though i dont have a montior to hook it upto yet okay thanks

5. BigRed3373 thread starter macrumors member

i also just added new memory could that have caused an issue???

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Can you describe the noise sound more accurately?

One long beep? Three Beeps? Sound of glass breaking? Normal startup chime?

Yes if you install defective RAM, or installed it improperly, or installed the wrong type of RAM, all could cause problems.

Help us out here by clearly and completely describing the symptoms and what went before.

7. BigRed3373 thread starter macrumors member

It blips when turned on one time thats it and i also touched the top and its very very warm

8. BigRed3373 thread starter macrumors member

i also reseated the memory and checked that it is the correct one where these known to overheat the montiors or anything of such thanks i will hook up a montior tommorow if i cant get it to turn on to see if that is the actual issue:(

9. BigRed3373 thread starter macrumors member

Fixed

:eek: OKAY SEEMS THE ISSUE IS IT OVERHEATED THANKS ALL FOR THE REPLIES AND HOPE THIS HELPS IN THE END SHOULD THE SITUATION ARRIVE AGIAN ITS THE MEMORY:rolleyes:

10. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Overheating doesn't correct itself... it will come back if the underlying condition remains. Heat is a perennial problem with machines that have all of the circuits in the same casing as the CRT monitor.

11. BigRed3373 thread starter macrumors member

CRT Issue Agian

the problem did arise agian so i flipped it over and took out the 128 ram and it came on just fine with the 512 however it sat for almost a week or so so maybe I have an issue that someone can relate to me??????