G3 imac won't power on!!!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by xanotos, Jan 22, 2006.

1. xanotos macrumors member

Dec 7, 2005
    Hi all.

Well, I bought this used G3 iMac 500hmz and it was working ok until a couple of days ago when it would not turn on. I would unplug it and wait a couple of minutes and plug it back again. Everytime I did this, the clock would reset. So I figure it was the battery that needed replacement and installed one. But when I did, I noticed that the previous battery that was on, was on backwards. So I followed the symbol on the black plastic piece and on the logic board and put the battery in.
    One thing I messed up on was that I pressed the reset button on the logic board twice by accident within 15 second. Could that damage the computer?
    Well I closed everything up, and I try to start it up, and nothing happens.
    I hold the power button and after 5 seconds the light comes on and then turns off.

Can anyone help. I hope I didn't mess up this cool computer.

[Edit] I also left the computer on all night and put the battery back and it still won't turn on. I currently have the computer upside down and I can see a little green light that is on. If I press and hold the power button, power button will light up for a quick second and that green light turns off.
  2. California macrumors 68040

Aug 21, 2004
    I have no idea except why did youthink the old battery was on wrong?
  3. xanotos thread starter macrumors member

Dec 7, 2005
    Don't know why battery was on backwards. It was wierd. I doubt the logic board and black plastic casing that holds battery are incorrect.