G3 imac won't power on!!!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by xanotos, Jan 22, 2006.

1. xanotos macrumors member

Hi all.

Well, I bought this used G3 iMac 500hmz and it was working ok until a couple of days ago when it would not turn on. I would unplug it and wait a couple of minutes and plug it back again. Everytime I did this, the clock would reset. So I figure it was the battery that needed replacement and installed one. But when I did, I noticed that the previous battery that was on, was on backwards. So I followed the symbol on the black plastic piece and on the logic board and put the battery in.
    One thing I messed up on was that I pressed the reset button on the logic board twice by accident within 15 second. Could that damage the computer?
    Well I closed everything up, and I try to start it up, and nothing happens.
    I hold the power button and after 5 seconds the light comes on and then turns off.

Can anyone help. I hope I didn't mess up this cool computer.

[Edit] I also left the computer on all night and put the battery back and it still won't turn on. I currently have the computer upside down and I can see a little green light that is on. If I press and hold the power button, power button will light up for a quick second and that green light turns off.

2. California macrumors 68040

California

I have no idea except why did youthink the old battery was on wrong?

3. xanotos thread starter macrumors member

Don't know why battery was on backwards. It was wierd. I doubt the logic board and black plastic casing that holds battery are incorrect.