G3 MiniTower of DEATH!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by LimeiBook86, Jan 25, 2003.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

My G3 MiniTower 333mhz won't startup at all, the light won't go on and it won't make a sound, I have X.2 & 9.2 and X.1 on two seprate drives. I ran DiscUtility on the X.2 disc before this happened and it said tehre were tree and oprphan file problems and stuff, then I turned it off and it won't turn on. I hope my $400 dollar Macintosh will wake up and start working agian, any help would be fantastic.... :( poor mac :(

2. sandro macrumors member

Well if it is as you say that the light in front does NOT come on, no sound at all, first of have you tried using a different power cable? if that's not the problem, your problem probably lies in the internal battery, you need to open your mac and look for a small battery somewhere on the motherboard that probably needs replacing, Radio Shack sells them for about $11, if that's not it, its possible that you have a dead power supply unit, good luck!
    :)

3. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

WellKI will look into that, I just don't want to brake it.....hehe

4. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

OK I'll guess I'll do that, I meen it isn't that much.... :-D
    But how to I install it? I'll check the manual....

5. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

IT IS FIXED!

The computer must have been shorted out from two small holes in the floppy drive's data cable, now the computer turns on, the sound now works, and the FireWire card works again, YAY! Thanks for all your help, problem solved, case closed...