G3 PowerBook won't recognise AirPort card

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Mala, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Mala macrumors 6502

Nov 19, 2003
    Someone who was selling me a CD-ROM for my G3 Pismo PowerBook, the 400MHz kind with FireWire and a bronze keyboard (which I'm selling - anyone in Ireland want to make me an offer?) whipped out an AirPort card and said: "Here, I don't need this, would you like it?"

I've installed it, plugging what I assume is the ariel into the left-hand site at the back, and slotting the card in under the keyboard on the left, having removed the heat shield to get it seated snugly.

At first the PowerBook got sniffy because the software wasn't installed; now I've installed the software but when I click on the AirPort icon in the Apple menu it says "The requiered AirPort hardware was not found on this computer".

I've taken out the card and reseated it five times, making sure the ariel was plugged in. But not a word out of it.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or is this a dead parrot?
  2. Mala thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 19, 2003
    Tried zapping the PRAM too; no dice. Though when I zapped it, it didn't change the desktop or clock or mouse.

Surely aerial isn't spelled like that. Ah. Woken up now.

Any help, anyone?
  3. Mala thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 19, 2003
    Hah, fixed. I was plugging the aerial into the wrong hole; also I had the extensions switched off.