G3!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by devro, Jun 7, 2004.

1. devro macrumors newbie

hey guys. i am needing a little advice: there is an iMac G3 on ebay which has the specs of 600MHZ power processor, 640MB RAM, 40GB hard drive and 16 of RAM? does this sound a good computer for running photoshop etc? advice would be greatfully accepted! thansk very much.

2. russed macrumors 68000

russed

it may be able to run photoshop but i wouldnt say it would do it very well, the fist thing it would def. need is ram!

3. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

photoshop under osx will run decent on it but os9 would be much faster with everything including photoshop. if you can get by with 9 do it.

4. towelette macrumors newbie

I am currently still using a G3 imac 600mhz 640ram (the funky grey graphite one :cool: ) Been using it for slightly more than 3 years now, and it has served me well. currently doing my ba in graphic design, and have been using this com for tons of photoshop, quark, flash etc. But the thing is, I am still on OS9. I think things will generally slow down a notch if you run it on osx. Well, get it if the price is right! Have u considered the emac? the prices for the emacs here in uk are pretty good value for money.

5. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

6. 7on macrumors 601

7on

My graphic design professor's fastest computer is a G3 B/W (300mhz-450Mhz). Since he is a professional, I'd say that computer is fast enough. If you can get a gig of RAM in there, it'd be good enough for OSX and Photoshop, though even with OS9 you'll need 512MB for photoshop (or more depending on the size of the files you work with)