G4 Dual 867 to G5 Dual 1.8 worth it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by stvli, Aug 26, 2004.

  1. macrumors newbie

    Aug 26, 2004
    I was considering whether to sell my G4 Dual 867 MDD and upgrade it to a G5 Dual 1.8Ghz. Do you think its worth it or should I wait?

    Thanks :)
  2. jsw
    Moderator emeritus


    Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    All waiting (reasonably short term) is likely to do is give you a dual-2.0 at the dual-1.8 price point (and same restrictions) - and the 1.8 performs almost as well as the 2.0 - while at the same time reducing by a bit what you can get for your current system (by waiting hence aging it more). If you don't need to jump, you can wait, but I doubt you'll kick yourself if you jump now.

Share This Page