G4 endless sleep

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bigboy99, Jun 5, 2006.

1. bigboy99 macrumors 6502

Nov 12, 2005
    Deep in the Heart of Tejas
    I put my G4 Powerbook to sleep on battery power and forgot about it for a couple of days. Today it wouldn't wake up on battery power. It finally woke up when I plugged it into AC power, and the battery was still over 85% charged. Any thoughts about what happened?
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Weird. I wouldn't worry about it if it's a one off but if it happens again, I'd probably reset the PMU. :)
  3. UKnjb macrumors 6502a

May 23, 2005
    London, UK
    This has happened to my PB G4 as well - a few times - sometimes not even waking when plugging in the AC power. I have always put it down to the devil entering the machine and have done a quick load of maintenance (repairing permissions etc, zapping the PRAM, resetting PMU as MJ suggested) and it has exorcised the bad things - right up until the next time. Doesn't happen often enough to bother me. I'm still running Panther - is yours on Tiger?
  4. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Feb 3, 2004
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I had some problems similar to that. Only when my PB wouldn't wake back up, the sleep light wouldn't come on either. It was odd. Anyways, i traced the problem back to bad RAM.

And, just for the fun of it, you'll probably want to repair permissions. :)