G4 ibook mail

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by la_russe, Mar 5, 2005.

1. la_russe macrumors newbie

something very strange happened in my ibook email program -- originally I had about 900 emails in my in box (for about the past 3 or 4 months, and they had been opened). today, I opened the program and there were only 119 emails, all unread -- I can't find the others -- where did they go? are they lost forever? Any insight is very appreciated. thanks, carrie

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

What type of email box is it. .Mac, AOL, who is the service profider for your mail.

3. anotherjeff macrumors regular

anotherjeff

Some programs have an auto archiving feature.

4. la_russe thread starter macrumors newbie

it's the mail program that comes with the ibook (G4) -- I use earthlink through it.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Is there a way to log into earthlink through the web and check your inbox ? Also, did you check the trash folder, or any other folders that are within Mail?

6. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Yes: webmail.earthlink.net

That's odd though. Assuming you have the standard Earthlink mailbox limit of 10MB, you probably would have gone over your quota long ago, so I doubt there would be copies of all those messages on Earthlink's server. Sounds like a problem with Mail. Do you have a backup? If so, you should revert to that and GO THROUGH YOUR INBOX. ;)