G4 ibooks and screens

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by joldekop, May 8, 2006.

1. joldekop macrumors newbie

Hi...
    I am looking to change the screen on my 14" ibook and just wanted to know which ibook screens are compatible. I have the 1.4 ghz version but what I want to know is whether I can use a 1.3 and 1.2 ghz screen... any advice would be great...!

Johan

2. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

I believe most ibook screens would be, provided the fit size wise (though I could be wrong on that). I have read reports of people successfully swapping out G4 screens with older G3 screens, so I think you're probably fine with whatever you can find (provided it's from a later G3 or a G4 ibook, don't buy a random screen from a PC or something...). I'd check the marketplace forum, there have been a few people parting out ibooks recently...

3. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

All 12" iBook g4 screens are perfectly compatible. The g3's are as well, but they require a bit of tinkering before they'll work properly -- this has been documented however, and I'm sure you could find guides on how to do this rather easily.

EDIT: I just saw it's a 14". All 14" iBook screens are going to be compatible with yours, regardless of the processor speed.