G4 iBooks now in Special Deals section

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bnemesis, Mar 20, 2004.

1. bnemesis macrumors regular

Jul 31, 2003
    in case nobody had noticed yet, the 1ghz 14" and the 800mhz 12" G4 iBooks are now in the special deals section of the apple online store as refurbs. they are $1299 and $949.
  2. fBaran macrumors regular

Oct 22, 2003
  3. KC9AIC macrumors 6502

Jan 31, 2004
    Tokyo, Japan or Longview, Texas
    Yes, I noticed that yesterday while trying to find a good price in G3 iBooks. Cheap G4 iBooks seem like really strong deals. I'm working for hours on end to try to switch my uncle to the light side. I've already given instructions on how my sister can show off her iBook to him to give the best possible impression.
  4. admiraldennis macrumors regular

Aug 19, 2002
    Boston, MA
    does this mean we're looking at updates soon?
  5. thejazzman10 Guest

maybe the 12 could be 1ghz and the 14 could have that beefed up G4?? thennnnnn...........G5 powerbooks!!!!! :D
  6. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    They're just refurbs. People bought them. They returned them. Apple sells them at a discount. This doesn't mean anything. I'd love for there to be G5 iBooks as much as the next guy, but this is not a sign that they are coming.

In fact, I don't expect G5 iBooks until at least a year after G5 PowerBooks are announced, which would put them nearly a year and a half away. You will see performance boosts in iBooks, but not G5s until late 2005 or early 2006.
  7. applemacdude macrumors 68040

Mar 26, 2001
    Over The Rainbow
  8. masterjedi73 macrumors 6502

Jan 12, 2004
    I just bought one of the 800mhz. I probably shouldn't have, but I did...I just may have to work a little more this summer.

I sold my G3 500mhz to do it. I was going to buy the G3 600mhz they have at macmall, but it didn't have a combo drive to it. I thought I might want a DVD player when I'm on the road.
  9. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

Feb 20, 2004
    in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Man... perhaps Apple really are gonna blow the market with some good new computers this year.

'Bout time too, but still, Man!!
  10. win_convert macrumors member

Mar 12, 2004
    Bugger, Australia doesn't even have a special deals section.
  11. nargot macrumors regular

Jan 29, 2004
    yes we do. $99 ipod with powerbooks... umm i'm sure theres another crappy deal... yes there is the fixed crappy education promo that ends next week... see all the other threads we start about unfair pricing, crap deals etc etc

masterjedi73, i just got my ibook 2 weeks ago. If there is a new ibook so what it still rocks :) its not like you bought a powerbook or something :)