G4 iMac and UT2004

Discussion in 'Games' started by asphalt-proof, Sep 26, 2004.

1. asphalt-proof macrumors 6502a

I did a search on the gaming site and wasn't able to find out how playable UT2004 was on a G4 iMac (17" 1.25 with 768mb.)

Also interested in Battlefield 1942... anyone have any experience with this game on a similar setup? How was the performance. I have heard some badthings about the porting of this game and how it brought g5's to their knees so I guess I'm not expecting too much. Makes me sad. :(

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I'd expect them to be playable, but not particularly wonderfully

3. tom.96 macrumors regular

I played UT2k4 on a friends PM 867 with a Geforce 2mx 32mb RAM. I think it has about 640mb main RAM. It ran OK, better than I expected.

If the iMac has a 64mb card then I really don't see that having a good sesh with it will be an issue. However, if having the highest graphics settings on max are important to you then I wouldn't know how it would run.

For me, I just like having a game I can play no matter what the graphics setting is like. If I can raise the settings to high levels then I see that as a bonus, not an essential part of the game,

hope that helps. (Don't know about the other game.)

4. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

UT2004 is fully playable on an iMac, although as said, not at highest graphics.

5. asphalt-proof thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just downloaded the BF1942 demo to see how it runs. Thanks for the info on UT2004. I really don't care if it runs at the highest setting. Just that it doesn't clip and that images don't jump around when I'm playing multi-player.
    Eyecandy is nice but not necessary.

6. applekid macrumors 68020

Don't expect to play UT2K4's Onslaught gametype. That's the only time UT2K4 becomes unplayable on machines with a FX 5200 or lower. Well, and a few maps may bring UT2K4 down your iMac.