Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G4 iMac order status

• Ordered a CTO on the 7th and HAVE recieved

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Ordered a CTO on the 7th and HAVE NOT recieved

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ordered a CTO on the 8th and HAVE recieved

• Ordered a CTO on the 8th and HAVE NOT recieved

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Ordered Base on the 7th and HAVE recieved

• Ordered Base on the 7th and HAVE NOT recieved

• Ordered Base on the 8th and HAVE recieved

• Ordered Base on the 8th and HAVE NOT recieved

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Abominog

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2002
Hell A., California
I ordered a CTO iMac on the 8th and now I read about people already getting theirs and people who ordered on the 7th not getting theirs and iMacs stuck in customs in Alaska and Taiwanese saboteurs working for Dell screwing up iMac production and I'm just almost spent looking for some concrete news.

The last I'd heard was an email from Apple on the 31st (I suppose to keep people from complaing about Jobs' shipping quote) saying my iMac would ship "within the next 7 business days".

Maybe this post/poll will help others like me at least know where we stand among some other iMac- orderers.

If you reply, state when you ordered, from whom, if it was a CTO and what you've heard/seen/have or haven't recieved.

(BTW, for those who don't know, "jonesing" is a euphamism for an intense craving, like a drug addict.)

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
I called Apple on Thursday and the rep said they'd be shipping in about 5 days and I shgould get mine around Wednesday (2 day air). Then i got the email saying in the next 7 days. So I still expect mine Wednesday or so.

Abominog

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2002
Hell A., California
Originally posted by Kid Red
I called Apple on Thursday and the rep said they'd be shipping in about 5 days and I shgould get mine around Wednesday (2 day air). Then i got the email saying in the next 7 days. So I still expect mine Wednesday or so.

Maybe you will if you ordered a base model, but I think we mostly all got that email just to placate us when the month changed. However, my email said within the next 7 BUSINESS days to ship, which could mean it might just *ship* as late as NEXT Monday. Of course, that's assuming there's no more delays with US customs in Alaska or nothing else goes wrong.

Oh well, I hope you get yours soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.