G4 Powerbook 15" Case Suggestions?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Vio1, Dec 30, 2005.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi, i am getting a g4 powerbook 15" 1.67ghz and want to get a case for it. I was thinking some sort of sleeve (ie no handle and soft) that will not scratch or damage the notebook. I heard that the sleeve that apple sells can damage the case, so I was wondering what you guys can suggest for an awesome soft, sleeve like case for my new notebook.

2. macrumors newbie

3. macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Look in the Buying Tips forum, as there is a section on just this: buying laptop sleeves or cases.

OTB

4. macrumors 601

ITASOR

Apple doesn't sell a sleeve, you must be thinking of the iPod socks?

5. macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Or maybe he's thinking of the cheesy case that now ships with the iPod, which I've heard CAN scratch the dickens out of a brand-new iPod. My iPods have never been subjected to those. The Nano lives in one of the colorful and soft little Apple iPod socks (no scratches yet!) when it's in my purse enroute to the car and the 5G nestles in its iSnug case when not being used or on the dock.

Back to the topic, though: there was quite an extensive thread about carrying cases/sleeves for iBooks and PBs and now I guess it's been distilled into a sticky of sorts in the Buying Tips forum.

OTB

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

i wasnt talking about the ipod case. I read somewhere that apple sells some kind of sleeve type case which, when zipped, can damage the powerbook. I guess the article must have been mistaken or talking about some other store.

7. macrumors 65816

doucy2

get an incase case for it
    get the one for a 15" PB
    thats what ive got comming, they are however $99 new but im sure you can find them else where from the Apple Store cheaper