G4 Powerbook Googie.

Discussion in 'Community' started by videonastie, Jun 3, 2003.

1. macrumors member

Does anyone know if there is anything else available on the market, that is similar to the Googie Drive for the Powerbook G4?

2. macrumors 65816

maradong

wtf is that?

3. pEZ
    macrumors 6502

I agree - Googie? I'm a touch confused. Can you eat it?

4. thread starter macrumors member

Its a bit like a unit, to perch your Powerbook onto. You can store an attached pro keyboard underneath it, therefore turning the Powerbook into a LCD monitor. ;)

5. macrumors 65816

maradong

ah :D

6. macrumors member

7. macrumors 65816

mrjamin

there's the iCurve, but from what this thread says, they're kinda 'iCrappy'

8. macrumors 68030

medea

9. macrumors member

iCurve rocks!

I got one for my girlfriend recently, she loves and it goes perfectly with the ibook I gave her (hehe, now I get my desktop all to myself).

Seriously, we tried another stand that was more like an Elvis plate holder. Then I stepped up and got the iCurve. It's solid, strong, looks awesome, and leave a lot of extra room below the book for storage of say plam pilot, mouse, wires, pencils, dust.

1 drawback is that the ibook is not actually clamped in, so when you open the lid, you need to hold down the book with the other hand..not really a big deal.

Other drawback is that it is NOT height adjustable...but they made it the right height, so it works out great.

We got one of those $100 metal stands from Japan (macimports.com I think) and it's really sweet, but not much better than the $30 iCurve.