G4 Powerbook has mind of its own. I'm an idiot.

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MacTruck, Apr 15, 2005.

1. MacTruck macrumors 65816

MacTruck

So here is what happened. My office had fleas pretty bad since we got gave away our dog so I decided tonight was a good time to set off a bomb in there. So I moved all my stuff out of the way and into the droors so I could set off the spray bomb and kill those pesky ankle biters. I moved my powerbook into the garage. After a few minutes my powerbook started acting funny. Windows were closing all at once, menu bars were popping around and my sound was beeping non stop. I was freaking out so I re-installed the 10.3.8 combo update and rebooted. Everything went fine and looked like it fixed it. Suddenly after a few minutes it started doing it again. Windows flying around, mouse not responding, apps just freaking out. I was about to format and take the powerbook back to apple when they open until I realized..... I'm an idiot.

I put the bluetooth keyboard in a droor and put a bunch of stuff on top of it. The keys were being pressed down. Basically every time the bluetooth reactivated the computer started acting funny because of the keyboard in my office. So there you go. Ha ha. What a relief that my powerbook is ok.

2. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

So you thought your PB had fleas, right? I love mine like a pet too but that just won't happen! No fleas, no viruses! :D :D

3. MacTruck thread starter macrumors 65816

MacTruck

When my powerbook starts scratching itself I will be very worried. You know thats no joke though. I had to take the keyboard off of my T42p Thinkpad to get the 1gb ram stick out for my powerbook yesterday and I saw a flea inside. I am just hoping he dies. Fracking fleas.

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Ah..sometimes the most obvious things stump us.

I'm reminded of a few weeks ago when my mum called in a panic because she couldn't get online through her wireless network. We went through checking the Airport Express was OK, turning on and off the cable modem/Express combination all to no avail. I was stumped.... until I remembered that she probably hadn't checked her Airport was turned on on the iBook... doh!

5. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

6. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

:D

7. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Any other good bluetooth stories? When I first got a BT mouse for my Powerbook, and none of us in the family had up to that point ever used a bluetooth device, I played a joke on my 12-yr-old son. He took the PB into his room to watch a film, and I started moving the mouse around (on a table in the next room). 30 seconds later I hear a confused yell from the his room... :p

It's amazing how far the mouse has to be from the PB before the connection is broken.