G4 Powerbook on Overstock.com

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by goodwill, Jun 7, 2004.

1. goodwill macrumors regular

Jan 8, 2004
    I was searching for a cheap vaccum of all things and saw that www.overstock.com has the 12 in 867mhz Powerbook at what appears to be quite the impressive savings, keep in mind the 867mhz is not the current 1.33 that the 12 in offers. Seems like you are getting quite the discount without even having to have the student or developer discount. Anyone looking at the 12 in Powerbook should check this out because shipping is a flat rate of 2.95. I already have the 17inch, but I thought this would be interesting and worth checking out if you are in the market.

2. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Aug 9, 2000
    that's a really crappy deal. it's a "very" old model for the same amount as the current one (w/student discount)... If you dont' have student discount, spend the extra $100 to get the new one from Apple. (Shipping is Free from Apple)
  3. Soc7777777 macrumors regular

Apr 12, 2004
    for 1124 right now you can get the ibook (basicly the rev b powerbook) with everything that has except the superdrive (but with a faster proccessor).... so you are saying pay 280 for the superdrive?... no thanks... plus usually buying from places like macmall you can get 512mb and a printer for free.... nah thats a crappy deal...

apple has done a good job with updating the g4 powerbook series.. one year ago you would be buying a 867 mhz for the same price as todays 1.33 ghz THATS A 53 PERCENT INCREASE IN PROCESSING PERFORMANCE IN A YEAR...

on a sad note, it still is behind the pentium M.... but at least it can take the pentium 4-m notebooks...