G4 PowerBook SHIPPED!!!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by stoid, Sep 22, 2003.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel at which I can finally rid myself of this Windows hell the university has placed me in. I ordered a 1.25 Ghz 15 incher very late last Wednesday and it was scheduled to ship "On or before 9/25" this Thursday. Much to my surprise it shipped today!!!! At least I think it did, it's listed as "Shipped" on the order status page, but it's Airborne Express Tracking number comes up blank and the E-mail I received said "Shipped on 9/23" which I thought was tomorrow??

So, has it really shipped, or is Apple fooling with me??

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Congrats and I hope you get a nice powerbook, not a lemon. HAve you gotten it yet? Bttery life?

3. jkeithh macrumors regular

Re: G4 PowerBook SHIPPED!!!!!

What they didn't tell you is that it shipped from Taiwan. I ran into this problem today. Mine said it shipped on the 22nd and I could not find any info on Airborne's website so I called them. It was shipped from Taiwan on the 22nd. I then called Apple to confirm this and they said that they are shipped from Taiwain. I told the Apple rep that they should state this in the email they send as well as the status on Apple's website.

4. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I called Airborne today, as well. It shipped early Monday morning with second day air so I was wondering why the tracking number was invalid and I hadn't gotten it. The guy on the phone said it is because it is currently in China so it might be a few more days yet before I can get a status on when I could get it since these new customs rules are biting everyone in the ass. Damn, and I was so psyched to use my new 15" AlBook today...

5. Baja2k macrumors member

The Second day air "rule" applies once it lands at Apple's door here in the US. I just went through this last week with my 40G Ipod. It shipped from China on the 11th with second day air status. On the 15th I called Airbourne and asked where it was. They explained that it was still in transit to the states and would be delivered second day once it was delivered to Apple. Below is the actual info from Airbourne's site.

9/11/03 2 : 00 pm In Transit. Shanghai, China

9/17/03 2 : 18 pm Picked Up by Airborne. Shipper's Door

It was delivered to me on the 19th.

I don't know if it came across in a crate with a bunch of other Ipod's and was split at Apple and then forwarded on to me or what. Why else would it make a stop at Apple? Anyway, at least you know you are only days away from happiness.

Regards,

6. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

Mine Apple purchases are all stopping by Franklin Illinois. I think that they might be shipping over en masse and are being sent out from there.