G4 powered Console Emulation Station

Discussion in 'Games' started by iGav, Aug 5, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Cool... very, very cool! :D

http://www.yayhooray.com/thread/5912/Console-Emulation-Station

Thoughts?

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Ha ha!! Gr8! :cool:

"Thoughts"? Wish I had one!
    Had some fun with MacMAME... but if you have this.... awesome!

3. brap macrumors 68000

4. applekid macrumors 68020

Ah, vitaflo. A mate that visits the MacEmuScene quite often. I'm impressed with the front-end. I hope he makes the code available (I'm not HTML-literate).

I'm not too surprised by him creating the setup itself. Nothing new for us emulation fanatics! ;) It's I always wanted to do, but I need to buy an old Mac or build a decent PC. And for a MAME cabinet, I'd need another Mac or cheap PC. But, yes, look out for MAME cabinets on Google. It's been done a few times with PCs and Macs, and if you're interested in having a framework, you should find some on Google.

One of these days, I'll get around to doing it, too. :)

5. neonart macrumors 65816

neonart

I'd pay for this software!

If he can sell this for say $39.95, it'd be awesome.

I have a feeeling that it wont happen due to strict copywright laws on the 2600 or some other 20 year old games. :rolleyes:

6. applekid macrumors 68020

He didn't make the emulators! :eek: He's using a front-end to list his ROMs, open them, and load the emulator.

Many 2600 ROMs are legal and can be downloaded here: http://www.atariage.com/software_list.html?SystemID=2600

For those questioning it's legality, there are a few ROMs that are unavailable for download because the copyright owners still want to make those games or franchises. I've seen 2600 sites stay online for many years and through many transformations.