G4 Quicksilver

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by justinm, Oct 9, 2007.

1. macrumors member

Why were some Powermac G4's names have Quicksilver in them? Is it a special line or what? Whats the diffrence between the G4 "Quicksilver" and the regular g4?

2. macrumors 68000

FJ218700

refers to case design and specs.

from LowEndMac, evolution of G4 desktops

Attached Files:

3. macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

It's just a way to differentiate different models from one another – it doesn't indicate that it's a special edition or anything like that.

So, for example, when you mentioned Quicksilver I immediately knew which style of Power Mac you were talking about... ;)

quicksilver.jpg

4. macrumors 68000

darthraige

Ahhhhh, the good 'ol Quicksilver that I can't wait to throw out the window.

5. macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

huuummm.....such blasphemy !....and in a public forum no less :D

whazzzuupppppwitdat ?

6. macrumors 68000

darthraige

Seriously, this thing has more problems than anything. Icons randomly disappear on desktop, have to click around to get them back. Safari bugs out a lot now. Did I mention it's slow and still using MHz? lol Looking forward to a new MacPro with Leopard.

7. macrumors demi-god

LethalWolfe

Sounds like a personal problem to me. ;)

My dual 1ghz QS is 5.5 and will be my "daily driver" for the foreseeable future (I recently purchased a Mac Pro to relive the QS of it's editing duties).

Lethal

8. macrumors 6502a

Be sure to throw it THIS way! :)

9. macrumors G5

Consultant

My Quick Silver as headless server works fine. If you are in the Virginia area, I'll pick yours up. Probably just sofware problem.

10. macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I would love getting a Quicksilver for its looks. :cool:

I have a Digital Audio 466 MHz and a FW 800 Dual 1.25 GHz, so those designs are covered.... but no Quicksilver yet ;)

11. macrumors Core

My 733MHz Quicksilver is still going as well as it did when it was new, 6 years ago.
    It needs a new graphics card, 32MB is a bit crap now-a-days...