Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenmasters

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
i am looking to add bluetooth 2.0 and usb 2.0 to my powermac G4.

i found some very good prices for both items at newegg for $30 + shipping.

the main reason why i want bluetooth is so i can use my LG phone and use a wiimote or a ps3 controller in the future on mac osx 10.4

also how many devices can one bluetooth usb dongle handle?

i would like to have a bluetooth keyboard an mouse aswell is this going to be a problem? will i have to buy a dongle for each accesory?

thegman1234

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2007
Long Island
i am looking to add bluetooth 2.0 and usb 2.0 to my powermac G4.

i found some very good prices for both items at newegg for $30 + shipping.

the main reason why i want bluetooth is so i can use my LG phone and use a wiimote or a ps3 controller in the future on mac osx 10.4

also how many devices can one bluetooth usb dongle handle?

i would like to have a bluetooth keyboard an mouse aswell is this going to be a problem? will i have to buy a dongle for each accesory?

I assume that any bluetooth device other than a hands free kit (because that's really not necessary) would be able to connect to multiple devices at one time. Even though it's a usb device, I'm sure you would be able to use at least 2 devices at a time (keyboard and mouse for example) otherwise it would be near useless. You can probably get better specs on the company's website as well.

Can you link the product?

thegman1234

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2007
Long Island
sure its here.

http://www.aziocorp.com/product_detail/BTD603-132_detail.php

thats the link to the product page.

i hope you will be able to help me with this.

Well, I can't give you a definite answer, but I assume, being as this is for the computer, you'd be able to connect more than one device at a time. I can't imagine why it wouldn't, as I think any bluetooth device can connect to more than one device at a time, granted the interface allows it. In other words, a phone won't let you connect two headsets at a time because it's useless, and a possible invasion of privacy. But, if the interface allows it, such as a computer being able to read a keyboard and mouse at the same time, I'm sure it would connect them. I'd say give it a shot, if it doesn't work, return it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.