G5 and 500 off display, or wait for new displays?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Messedupmikey, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. yoda13 macrumors 65816

    yoda13

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2003
    Location:
    Texas
    #2
    From a purely financial aspect, i would take advantage of this deal, because the new displays will probably be really expensive, knowing Apple :rolleyes:
    I also like the current form factor. But if you have to have the latest and greatest, I would hold off, as there are many rumors of impending updates roaming around, and the updates are far far overdue.
     
  2. Xenious macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2004
    Location:
    Texas, USA
    #3
    If its any help I am waiting. However, that is specifically because I want the 30" display. If I was looking at the 23" display it might be a tougher choice. Though i am expecting pricing to be similar.

    My guess:
    new 20": $999 (maybe less)
    new 23": $1499
    new 30": $2499 (hopefully less, maybe more...shudder)
     
  3. furrina macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2004
    Location:
    In tha 212
    #4
    30" display!?

    At that price, why don't you get a 20" and then buy a video projector and use wireless kbd and mouse and a big, white wall! THAT would be cool!
     

Share This Page