G5 and 500 off display, or wait for new displays?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Messedupmikey, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2003
    #1
    I am getting a new 2.5 Ghz G5 BTO and I was wondering if I should go ahead and buy a 23" display and get 500 off, or if I should wait till after WWDC and see what Apple brings to the display market.... Please Help!
     
  2. macrumors 6502a

    MrSugar

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2003
    #2
    I personally would wait... new displays look sweeeeeeeet. :) but if you feel the need for instant gratification, then what can I say?
     
  3. macrumors 6502a

    Windowlicker

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2003
    Location:
    Finland
    #3
    500 bucks off the price is a great discount! the new displays can't be that much better as for the technology..

    i would go for it! especially if you like the look of the current displays.
     
  4. macrumors G3

    QCassidy352

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2003
    Location:
    San Francisco
    #4
    I would wait because odds are the new displays are going to be reduced in price anyway (due to the recent falling prices of LCD components) so you wouldn't really be saving $500 by buying now. But I could be wrong about the new prices, of course.
     
  5. macrumors G3

    Chip NoVaMac

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2003
    Location:
    Northern Virginia
    #5
    Not sure about Apple, but many other manufactures do rebates like this only to have the replacement item at the "rebated" price. Nikon is famous for this on items they are trying to clear out.
     

Share This Page