Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by triton, May 31, 2004.
If new g5's are announced in June, when do you think we might see them actually being shipped?
It'll either be an announcement for pre-orders, or that the machine is shipping now.
With the problems the 970fx has been having -- who knows.
But there are hints of two machines right now.
Looking like our Rev. B machine (aka Speed bump 970Fx), and the possibility of a machine using a new chipset.
The possibility of the new chipset can be either the next generation PPC9xx with PCIe/DDR2/etc., or a PPC970 capable consumer chipset.
Hard to be definite. Some items, such as the last ibook/powerbook revision were available straight away, others like the XServe G5 were only "paper launches"
I'm hoping sooner than later. I have been waiting for the dual 3ghz for a while, and can only wait until the end of summer/early Fall before I would absolutley need to get it. I would hate to wait for the dual 3, only for it to not actually ship until after november. I'd then probably would have to settle for a dual 2.
Although, in that itself would not be a bad thing!
Have a little faith in Stevie J. people! Who's to say they won't ship right away ?
IBM may have the most effect on when the machines might possibly ship once they are announced.
My bet, if announced it'll be a paper launch with possibly the lowest-end model released right away. The real NEW models will be shipped 3 months later.
I think that the low and mid range machines will ship immediately with the dual 3.0Ghz machines shipping in September.
I agree, that is usually the way Apple handles a new launch.