G5 CASE REPLICA

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Gokhan, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Gokhan macrumors 6502a

HI ALL

Right before all of you mac users kill me i have been a mac user for about 4 years now so we are in the same boat !!!!

anyway i was wondering whether anyone knows anywhere where i can buy a apple powermac G5 case replica or original to mod so i put in my unused pc parts for my sister to use !!!!

p.s it looks nicer than pc !!!!

2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

The only place I've ever seen one was on eBay. I don't think the holes line up like a regular ATX motherboard, but I could be wrong. I've never put PC stuff in a mac case.

Case on eBay

edit: Here's a place...

3. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Just call me andy.

You want to build a PC that looks like this? :confused:

Attached Files:

4. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

He can make it look better than that POS. I don't know if any case is worth $300, though.

5. Gokhan thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks all

i am in the process of buying the case on ebay yippeee !!!!!!

will keep you posted on my project !!!

6. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

the holes dont lineup for the ports on x86 hardware but that being said, you can cut out a hole where the mac connectors are with a rotary tool and use that little back plate that comes with just about every motherboard ever manufactured anymore... Its quite simple really.. (the hard part is making the power/reset buttons work normally.)

(i make custom/odd computer cases in my spare time for people... Ive done a few Mac > PC conversions in my time...)

7. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I hope it's not the one i linked to. He only ships to the US :(

8. brap macrumors 68000

I got a Lian-Li. It's shiny brushed aluminium, about as good as you'll get in the PC world. Matches my D2, too.

9. Gokhan thread starter macrumors 6502a

you are right no case how ever good looking is worth 300$ :mad:

oh well the one on ebay says worldwide shipping e-mailed but got no answer !!

will see what happens ????

10. DanTekGeek macrumors 6502

lianli makes a g5 looking case. i think its called the v1000. might want to check that out. also, remember that if you were to just get a normal g5 case, you might run into trouble fitting in the powersupply and other hardware. better to get a PC case with a nice look.

11. VincentVega macrumors regular

Lian-Li PC-V1000.

Personally, I think it looks terrible. The PowerMac G5 case is gorgeous - the V1000 is just a nasty rip-off. The wheels don't suit it at all. And the grille on the front looks tacky.

However, Lian-Li do make some nice cases (I've got this one which swallows my E-ATX motherboard and pair of Xeons admirably). The PC60 is a decent mid-tower sized case as well - here.

Buying a PC case - whilst it may not be as aesthetically pleasing as the G5 one - is probably an easier solution. You won't have to drill holes in it to get the PSU and motherboard to fit. You'll have plenty of room for multiple CD/DVD devices, hard drives and so on.

12. Gokhan thread starter macrumors 6502a

lian-li one looks ok but g5 looks better but at £140 pounds lian-li have got a nerve a g5 case cost 300$ !!!!!!!!!

oh well i will have to put up with ugly cases !!!!

300$ buys you an ipod dammit :mad: