G5 cases...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by boxerchip, Sep 3, 2004.

1. boxerchip macrumors member

Aug 15, 2004
    I opened my G5 today for the first time and im AMAZED!!! its SOOO well thought out, unlike PCs with wires going this and that way this is just simple and clearly has great air flow. I also noticed that the case is THINK, they dont make PCs like this. i baught a 300$ PC case and its thin and crappy.... just really impressed by this case and the way it was tought out.
  2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says...I have noticed the same thing with just about every Apple computer I have opened up...but the G5 is just about the cleanest inside yet...it is amazing to see the look on some PC people's faces...they are like "where's all the cables?".....oh yeah!
  3. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    Heh heh. It took me quite a while to figure out where the power supply was, only to let out a big "d'oh!" once I realized it was under the "floor" of the case.

Amazingly clean interior. The new iMac's looks just as pretty.
  4. mms macrumors 6502a

Oct 8, 2003
    That's what Apple's all about. Nice, clean designs, with good attention to details and even the inside of the computer. Thats what sets it apart from all of the other computer hardware companies around.
  5. boxerchip thread starter macrumors member

Aug 15, 2004
    Other than alienware, voodoo, and Falcon-nw of course :)
  6. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2003
    Home of Al-Qaida
    Heh, people simply don't know how to manage wires in a PC. The guts of my PCs look just as clean as my Mac, thank you very much.

Given the choice between a Mac and ridiculously overpriced custom PC for idiots, I choose a Mac.
  7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    Started installing our new 3 x dual 2.5s at work y'day.

First thing: Opening cases to install Ram and 2nd drives. Wow!

Opens so easily, then that clear plastic inner wall that unclips, fan assembly slides out, everything goes in so easily with no fuss...

Elegant design everywhere including the flush-sitting mains power cords at the back.

(CD trays a bit flimsy, though... also, internal speakers very tinny-sounding unlike G4s)

Also a little surprised to see OS X pre-installed, wanted to partition our 160gb drives so a little messing around was req'd to get things how we wanted.

I want one! :)