Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firefighterZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
I am considering changing up to a mac book pro, so I can take my work with me to the firehouse. Right now I have a Dual 1.8 G5 with 3 gigs of ram, and I am looking at the 17" mac book pro 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 gigs of ram. The software I use daily consists of aperture, dreamweaver, flash, fireworks, and photoshop. I do webdesign and photography. I am curious if that laptop will perform the same or better than my G5.

Thanks,
roy

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
I am considering changing up to a mac book pro, so I can take my work with me to the firehouse. Right now I have a Dual 1.8 G5 with 3 gigs of ram, and I am looking at the 17" mac book pro 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 gigs of ram. The software I use daily consists of aperture, dreamweaver, flash, fireworks, and photoshop. I do webdesign and photography. I am curious if that laptop will perform the same or better than my G5.

Thanks,
roy

MUCH better. Especially when CS3 is released.

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
my dual 1.8G5 2gb of ram, goes head to head with my 15" MBP coreduo 2.0ghz 2gb of ram. The only reason that my G5 is still in the running is I hacked a 7800gs in the thing, otherwise the MBP would win hands down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.