G5 Dual 2.5: SCSI card?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by UniAce, Jul 3, 2005.

1. UniAce macrumors newbie

Jul 3, 2005
    Hi everyone. I'm about to buy a new G5 Dual 2.5 ghz. I have an old Epson SCSI scanner that I still love to use. Right now I'm on a G4 733 mhz that I ordered from Apple and had a PCI SCSI card included with it. The System Profiler says the name of the SCSI card is "ADPT,2930CU."

Does anyone know if I'll be able to simply swap this card into the new G5? If that won't work, is there another SCSI card I'd be able to get that would work, and where would I get that? Thanks very much.
  2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
  3. UniAce thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 3, 2005

When you talk about a scsi card not supporting deep sleep, do you mean that it won't be able to do that for any scsi hard drives that are hooked up to it, or that it will prevent the entire system from going into deep sleep (scsi hard drives or not)? I hope that it's the former, because I'm not going to use any scsi HDs, just a scanner, and it wouyld be nice if I could still have the whole system go to sleep.

It looks like the Adaptec 29160n will probably do the trick (it's an old scanner, so I'm pretty sure a 32-bit card is good enough), and those are pretty affordable on eBay.