G5 DVI to Video Adapter

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by budaboy, Oct 8, 2003.

1. macrumors newbie

budaboy

G5 DVI to Video Adapter
    Hi,

Just wondering if this is what I would need to hookup a ps2 to my G5 and play it on my LCD screen???

Is this possible and if so, please feedback to me what your experience has been like. Just got my G5 1.8 and just looking to see what toys I can add to this beast. I want to down scale my gamming need to one area of the house and free up the TV for watching.

Peace!

2. macrumors regular

The G5 doesn't have a DVI input, so this would do nothing to help you.

I suppose you could buy a capture card or a firewire video capture device and put the output from the PS2 into that. You can get tv tuner cards which have video in (I think there is only one PCI TV card with OS X drivers).

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

budaboy

4. macrumors 65816

peterjhill

Your link is bad, but I am guessing your are linking to the DVI to video adapter. That allows you to connect your computer to an svideo or composite video to output video from your computer to a tv or vcr. It will not allow you to connect your game console to your mac. What you want is something to connect to usb or firewire. Something like this:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=T7134LL/A

For $400 dollars... I would get a small television instead, if that is all you want to do. The Formac device would allow you to record television on your mac, like a tivo or replay tv.

Attached Files: