G5 Fraud again

Discussion in 'Community' started by safety1, Jan 7, 2005.

1. safety1 macrumors newbie

Jan 7, 2005
    Please beware of a continuing fraud by the Leblanc Brokerage people. They have changed their phone number again and are advertising G5 2.5 with 23 cinema monitor for 3500.00 in the montreal gazette and probably other newspapers across the country and US. The new phone number is 877-257-8330 x 121.

Please tell all your contacts to be careful and DO NOT send them any money.

They took me last time and I do not want it to happen to anyone again.

Please pass this on to other sites and over the net. Let's stop these crooks.

Thanks for your help and quick action

2. themadchemist macrumors 68030

Jan 31, 2003
    Chi Town
    Thanks for the alert! 3500 is a wee bit about of my price range as it is, but there are plenty of people on this forum who will benefit from this information and advice.

I do hope, though, that you'll stick around for other discussions, so as to add to your valuable input on this matter.
  3. Mantat macrumors 6502a

Sep 19, 2003
    Montréal (Canada)
    I saw the add in the 'metro' the free newspaper they give when you take the metro. It was funny because they were selling the dual 2.5 before it was availlable!

I think the best way to deal with these people is to play them. Such as asking if they can have 5 of these, then ask if you can pay cash and come to their office and see how they try to handle the situation. Or send them photocopied money.

I always liked to screw around with these people. IF it wasnt a long distance call, I think I would give it a try.

Of course, they best solution would be to call the police but they dont want to deal with these frauds and that is why they continue to advertise their stuff.
  4. pl3 macrumors newbie

Jan 15, 2005
    Campbell Brokers

This is definitely a fraud. The new name this hoax is under now is Campbell Brokers. Same telephone number and claiming to be at 5-2521 Hurontario, Mississauga Ontario, which also happens to be (ironically) down the street from the Mississauga Police (Central Station). I'm posting this because their current name does not show up on Google as a fraud. Also the number went to a cell phone! An ad in The Montreal Gazette (15 Jan 2004) this time. Same G5 plot. Best G5 available and monitor at a discount of about $2500--totally to--good-to-be-true. Don't send money.
  5. jontrain macrumors newbie

Jan 17, 2005
    is this a scam for sure?.....someone has actually sent them money and not received the G5?......her story sounds plausible.......but sounds too good to be true for sure.....i guess they keep changing the name of their company every few months to avoid the BBB rating.......
  6. Mantat macrumors 6502a

Sep 19, 2003
    Montréal (Canada)
    BBB is only in the states you know and they are operating in Canada, which is (at least right now) outof the USA juridiction.

And yes this is a scam. They keep advertising for stuff that isnt released yet. They were selling dual 2.5G5 months before they were availlable. But if you dont believe us, just call them ;-)

The sad thing about this is a that the police wont do anything. There was someone on the ehmac.ca site that got scamed. He gave the police all the information they needed and proof, yet the police didnt do anything!!! That is why they keep operating, they know that the police will never go to them. Sad but true!
  7. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2002
    What will it take for our law enforcement to protect us from this garbage. Appaerntly you will need to bring the acused in to them in handcuffs and a court conviction to boot.

Ahhh. :rolleyes:
  8. Raid macrumors 68020

Feb 18, 2003
    Hmm I find it strange that they wouldn't advertize in the Toronto Metro (which I read) but do so in the Montreal Metro.... I guess that since they are so close to Toronto that they might be afraid of a little confrontation...

I get nothing on Google about them, what do their adds claim, and how does the scam work?