G5 Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TheDance511, Feb 12, 2007.

1. TheDance511 macrumors 6502

Feb 5, 2007
    California soon
    hey. i am a total newbie to mac... i wanna just bu ya mac on ebay now since i cant stand using my windows machine oen more week...so i will... my question is that im looking at power mac...and it mentions something about 802.11g Airport Extreme, 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet, Bluetooth 1.1 (via Apple-qualified D-Link DBT-120 USB adapter), 56k v.92 Modem .... i have a router...does this mean i can get my highspeed connection sent to the Power mac or do i have to buy something else for it? thanks... heres the link
  2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    Well, you didn't tell us anything about the router so it's a best guess, but fortunately for you that machine has every type of networking imaginable so yes, it'll be fine.
  3. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

Sep 27, 2006
    If you have a router, your Power Mac will pick up the signal, and Mac OS X picks up wireless networks seamlessly. However, I'm not sure if you want to buy a Mac with a Power PC Chip, as Apple has now moved away from that to Intel chips, as I'm sure you've heard. However, whatever Mac you buy, I'm sure you'll like it!