G5 Hint Drop

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Ensign Paris, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Hi

I have just had delivered a few XServes for that are going through ReproGraphics server testing and they guy who brought them (he is under the NDA) said in conversation about updating the XServe:

"Well, we will have G5 by then"

He would not say anything about new products but he also accidently let slip about new cases. I will probably not see him again as he is not the normal guy who brings us test units (the Apple techie and the Apple Centre brings them rather that a delivery man)

Just a little interesting :)

Ensign

2. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

Re: G5 Hint Drop

By when.....?

3. Ensign Paris thread starter macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

well I was talking about them upgradeing the XServe in January (about 6 months) and he just said that, but he would not say anything more. It is probably nothing but I thought it was worth saying.

Ensign

4. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

was this just a delivery guy, or an apple tech? your post is a little unclear there. If he's just a delivery guy, I don't think he would be under NDA. And I would guess he doesn't know what he's talking about. If he's an Apple guy, that's different.

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

When I talked to the Apple Loan people 3 years ago when I bought my new G4 - we were talking about when it would finally be paid off (I did it in less than a year) and he mentioned that in a year we'd see the G5 - so even though someone related to Apple might have an opinion, it can still be speculation.

D

6. Ensign Paris thread starter macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

He was an Apple techie, he didn't work directly for Apple but his job was to coordernate Apple and the Apple-Centre he works for plans and product launches etc..

it could have just been idle chat, I just think there is something more in it :)

Ensign

7. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

did he seem resentful of his mistake... or did he juss continue on in conversation.. or what?

8. Ensign Paris thread starter macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

he just said it, and then very quickly changed the subject to how the xserve was built, it was either just idle convo, or he wanted to get away from anything that he would not be allowed to say from the NDA.

Ensign

9. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Yeah, well, one of my Apple Resellers said we'd see G5's in July, and we all know how that one turned out. :p It's all speculation. Who knows, maybe this guy actually DOES know something... then again...

10. Cappy macrumors 6502

And if someone keeps saying this year after year they might eventually be right. ;)