G5 iMac Pictures Wireles!......

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ebook, Sep 24, 2004.

1. ebook macrumors 6502

Yep, I have the pictures on my iPhoto on my new computer, and they look pretty sweet, but....I don't know how to post them here, and I have no web space. So, if any one wants to see these pictures I can e-mail a few to you, or if some one will be real helpful and host them I can e-mail them to you.

Other than the fan problems that I've mentioned in other posts, this new computer rocks! You can see from my sig that it is quite a step up and I'm looking forward to making some iMovies and the DVD's of our new baby boy!!! Also, it does seem a bit snappier, and I know it will even more when I get my 512 stick next week and another one at Christmas time hopefully. But the experience is much better. I actually like the typing feel of the Bluetooth keyboard, but I'm ready to sell my BT mouse and buy a new one that has a scroll wheel and two buttons. The two buttons doesn't really bother me that much, but I love my scroll wheel.

Everything was a breeze to set up and transfering my files from my old iMac with the firewire cable worked wonderfully. I can't imagine an easier experience. The 20" screen is huge (although if I was made of money I know I would like at 23" and Power Mac also) and is very bright and crisp. I love the ability to have two windows open while I'm working, and I think it will kill me to have to go to work and use my tiny iBook screen!!! But having two windows open is amazing, in fact right now I'm typing this and watching my Yanks tie the ball game through mlb.com all at the same time. Now that is true multitasking.

So, in short...go buy a new iMac. Don't be scared off by my fan problems because Apple's customer service seems great and I have a feeling everything will be great by the end of next week. Oh, and if you do decide to buy one, I recommend the 20" screen. I say a 17" at CompUSA yesterday and then received mine today, and I'm VERY glad splurged and got the 20"!!

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I believe that you can upload pictures to macrumors if you will downsize them using the export as file commands within iPhoto. But regardless, I am happy that you are happy with your purchase. I am a fan of the new iMacs. Congrats on your purchase. I too am a Yankee fan, except for when they are playing the Rangers :p Got the Ranger game on one TV and the Yankee game on the other one :D

3. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

ok then send them to algodden@mac.com

4. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

You can post pictures less than 100KB directly as attachments to your post. If you want to use bigger pictures, check out free image hosting here.

edit: AL-FAMOUS, can you edit your post to remove the long quote? Please only quote the relevant parts.

5. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

uhm....no,

just email me the pics bud and i will sort it our for you

6. Brian Haworth macrumors member

It's general forum etiquette, you don't quote a big long post for a one line response. Replacing the contents of the quote with <snip> or the like makes the thread more readable.

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

AL-FAMOUS, if you want a hand hosting PM me, I have an butt load of bandwidth to get through before the month ends :D

8. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Very elegant looking setup nospleen. Thank you for sharing. Nice looking desk and room also. The wireless look is awesome.

10. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

Thanks, I love my new imac. But, it is loud. I called applecare because of that and some random freezes. They diagnosed my ram as bad. After the first reboot, it seemed quieter for a few minutes. I thought it was okay, but I left the room with only safari open. When I came back about thirty minutes later, the fans were on about 75% full speed. I called Apple and they had me do a bunch of things and reset some button. (PCM-I think). They said if it does it again, to return it to the Apple store, or call them to swap it out.

11. chameeeleon macrumors 6502

Can you give me a link to where you got your desktop background from? Or send it to me? I'd love to use it as mine too.

12. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

thanks for the lesson on etiquette, let the mods mod.... i get your point... but still no... i dont think this is a valid point , its really not that long.. i normally do, infact always have.. and will do again when i see it being a problem to scroll 1.5inches instead of 1.25inches
    :rolleyes:

thanks bud, ive sent them to you.....

firstly GREAT setup...wow factor 4... and secondly...great 'tar.. i love american chopper

13. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Love it, such simple elegance. Really glad I've ordered one! :)

14. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

[/QUOTE]firstly GREAT setup...wow factor 4... and secondly...great 'tar.. i love american chopper[/QUOTE]

I even watch the re-runs! he he... :p

15. ebook thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for posting my pictures edesignuk. I'm so proud of my little baby, or big guy!! I'll be even happier once I get me new mid-plane and don't have to listen to the fans but oh well.

nospleen I love your set up. It's just a nice clean work space that really hi-lights the purpose of the computer. It just blends into the back ground and is not an eye-sore. I'm kinda happy they have go away from the colors of the iMac. I want to use my computer not really have it a bright show piece...although there is something showy about this all white design. Of course all that being said, I want a BLUE iPod mini!!

16. KevRC4130 macrumors 6502

Woot! Altec Lansing ACS33's, I've got the same. Their beige really clashes the beauty of an Apple computer, but you can't beat them for the price. Nice computer as well, I really love that. That whole workstation is very simplistic and modern looking.

17. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

18. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

nice setup!
    i love the wireless.. it's making my imac g4 sad... my student desk (18") isn't quite cutting it... i could use a 2" think computer so i don't have 4" leaking off the back of the desk into midair..

reality

19. ebook thread starter macrumors 6502

You're right...I love my Altec Lansings. Although, I may get some iTrigue's from Creative to look a little better with my iMac and take those speakers to my office...where I listen to more music anyway! At home most of the music from the new iMac will go to the living room...gotta love the wireless environment with AirPort Express!!!

20. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Nice desk, what's the make and model?

21. airmac macrumors regular

take a look at his signature...

22. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

His signature doesn't give the make & model of the desk that FuzzyBallz's was asking for.

23. airmac macrumors regular

24. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

You are going to laugh. I bought it at Best Buy for 99 bucks. :D