Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ossa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
UK
JAYKK wrote:

G5 is out

According to As the AppleTurns, G5 is out already in germany -

www.appleturns.com

Just thought I'd bring this to everyones attention in case anyone missed it! What do you think? Does seem a bit too good to be true doesn't it? Heres hoping... :)

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
I dont think so! Apple would have made a big thing about that release! Plus, the german apple web site lists G4's

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
if you follow the link to where you can apparently see the new G5, it's a bit strange that it's encased in the original G4 Tower! :p

behnke

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2002
Forget about that german magazine ...it's totally unprofessional and they pretty much have no clue, what they are talking about.

I would love to spend my money on a new g5, but I think we all will have to wait for another few months...

Marcus

Doraemon

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2001
Europe (EU)
This is the link to the article (in German):

http://www.macup.com/news/4698.html

And this it what is says:
The magazine "Tomorrow" reports on page 8 from MacWorldExpo in SanFransisco.

Most surprising, even sensational, was what the reporters from "Tomorrow" saw at MWE. "Tomorrow" reports - from what we so far know - exclusively (in the entire world) of a PowerMac G5 that runs faster than 1 GHz which was presented at MWE in SanFransisco.

Another interesting fact is that the "new" G5 obviously has the same enclosure as the old-G4, which after the release of QuickSilver still lie in the warehouses catching dust.

Unfortunately, due to the lengh of the report "Tomorrow" had to leave open, when and for how much the new G5 will be sold. What a pitty.

This article is a satire on the "Tomorrow" article which is just plain wrong. The MacUP magazine is making jokes on the incompetence of the "Tomorrow" magazine.

So. No there is no new G5 in Germany.

This is what the "Tomorrow" article looks like:
i_001741.jpeg

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
This is obviously just a ploy by Apple to throw us off from the fact that the G5s will come in a Mac IIfx case ;) .

F/reW/re

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2001
Norway
Originally posted by asurace
This is obviously just a ploy by Apple to throw us off from the fact that the G5s will come in a Mac IIfx case ;) .
I once had a IIfx with 20MBRAM, 100MB HD. It`s the most ugly Mac ever, but ut's what's inside that counts :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.