G5 Laptops?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by triton, Sep 18, 2003.

1. triton macrumors regular

Jul 15, 2003
    I know, I know - they just re-released the new g4 laptops. Anyone care to take a gander and when the g5's will be arriving?
  2. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Apr 11, 2002
  3. triton thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 15, 2003
  4. cb911 macrumors 601

Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    i think everyone's sick to death of the G5 PowerBook stuff, but i'm just going to say it'd be about 6 months until the next PowerBook revision. but i'm not even sure if the next reivsion will be a G5... who knows what Apple has planned? :confused:
  5. Stojamow macrumors regular

Jun 11, 2003
    G5 in January ?!? Possibly.

One thing we must remember in my opinion is that the 1.25Ghz and the 1.33Ghz processors did exist in desktops & Xserve before we found them in the laptops.

If they can put a 1.33 in the laptop - why not a 1.42 straight away? I think Steve wants to keep one possible G4 update in his pocket before the G5 is released in a notebook.

I assume that we might see a one more speed bump just before christmas with the G4's and sooner or later in 2004 G5 appears in PB's
  6. Ramsos macrumors regular

Nov 13, 2002
    Oakland, California
    I doubt January, I think January will bring G5 Xserves. G5 PB's probably mid-year.

I don't think the processors for the Xserves and Powermacs are the same as the power books, maybe the imacs are the same but they just got a speed boost.
  7. Stojamow macrumors regular

Jun 11, 2003
    I Agree. What I meant is a processor with a such speed exist & it is realistic to think that it would appear to PB's sooner or later

When you wrote about XServe the plan become clear for me:

In January: Xserve G5

In January: Powermac 2,5Ghz ?

in June: Powerbook G5

In June Powermac 3Ghz ?

That's how they do it and it will be a great triumph for them.
  8. tomf87 macrumors 65816

Sep 10, 2003
    I second that.