G5 Locks up on WarCraft III

Discussion in 'Games' started by TranceClubMusic, Apr 8, 2004.

1. TranceClubMusic macrumors regular

TranceClubMusic

Here is something odd. WarCraft III works great on my New G5. Only problem is when I go to exit the program it ALWAYS LOCKS UP. Forcing me to manually restart my system each time I finish WCIII.
    Has anyone has issues with not being able to properly exit WCIII?

Like I said everything works great - just cant ever exit with out it freezing on me! :mad:

2. LoadRunner macrumors member

Might I sugest looking at wc III tecnical support page, or talk to the blizzard support throught the bnet channel?

I do know of a bug. If you feed wc III command too quickly it can crash. But only when it's loading. For instance trying to exit a game, saving a copy, skip through the end game report too quickly.

3. Aragorn macrumors newbie

I have the same problem too. Im on a Albook. I found that you dont need to restart your computer though, just do a force quit. Not quite as good as working properly, but atleast you dont have to restart.

4. TranceClubMusic thread starter macrumors regular

TranceClubMusic

How can I do en see a Force Quit? I can even see my desk top when playing WCIII? :confused:

5. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Push cmd-opt-esc to get to the Force Quit window.

6. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Hmmm that's bizarre, i've not had any problems like that. WC3 seems to be kind of a buggy program on macs though. It's made my computer freeze a couple times when used in conjunction with Y!M (which is like the worst program ever made), and sometimes my mouse just randomly stops letting me click in game

7. Arkillion macrumors newbie

It used to do this to me about 20% of the time on my G4, but now on my G5 it never does this to me, which makes me think it has nothing to do with having a G5.

8. Urdam macrumors member